Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dance Like No One is Watching

My-friend-and-know-it-all-film-critic:  


"Look at her.  She looks ridiculous.  I can't believe he made her do that."


(Silent, stoic agreement between two, like-minded queens.)


(Pause.)


(Crack in the atmosphere.)


Little-'ol-me:  


"I think she looks like she's having fun."


------------------------


Why is it not OK to like Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge?  And why is it so unfathomable that Nicole Kidman look silly for a few scenes.  She's still flippin' Nicole Kidman and this was shot back when she could still move her eyebrows so it's kind of exciting.


Someone once told me a notion that went something like this: 


Man started losing his soul the moment he started looking in a mirror.


Think about it.  Then hit the club in sweatpants.  


But only if you can dance...Miss Mary Dugan* puhlease...


* Manny Igrejas - Google him.

No comments:

Post a Comment